Job Title: Family-Teaching Partners
Apply Here: https://jobs.boystown.org/category/houseparent-jobs/197/14281/1
In a career as Family-Teaching Partners, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new experiences. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by presenting them with opportunities in education and school involvement, giving them their first happy Thanksgiving or teaching them how faith can help them heal. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
This position can be considered for any of our locations in Washington D.C, Rhode Island, Nebraska, North Florida, Central Florida or Louisiana. **We currently have immediate needs in Louisiana, Nebraska, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island.
- Live on-site in a Boys Town Family Home and provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family-style living environment
• Provide emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection and empathy to build one’s self-confidence and respect
• Use rational problem-solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues and provide crisis intervention
• Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
• Display and teach parenting, family and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians and caretakers to create family engagement
• Maintain contact with both internal and external consumers agencies to obtain or provide information regarding youth’s behaviors, strategies and progress
• Prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors and document youth medical needs and appointments
• Teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities
• Supervise the activities of assigned Assistant Family-Teacher to aid in their development and success
• Manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation needs, and overall household upkeep
Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-paid living expenses, which include rent, utilities, and a monthly household budget
• Relocation assistance
• Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
• Annual starting salary of $71,136 per couple (Dependent upon location)
• Supporting youth with new traditions such as sport events, family dinner, graduation or volunteering in the community
• Opportunities to earn college credit while working
• Company vehicle
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
• High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
• Must possess a valid marriage certificate
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass MVR Check
• Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
• Ability to attend a 2-weeks paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Close Date: 5/3/2020