TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Capital Regional Medical Center is the recipient of Healthgrades 2020 Women’s Care Specialty Excellence Award in Gynecological Surgery. Capital Regional received the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ and the Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020), as recognized by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems.
The Excellence Award in gynecological surgery places Capital Regional Medical Center among a select group of hospitals that are in the top 5-10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for providing outstanding quality outcomes in gynecologic surgery. As Healthgrades states, women who select a hospital with a 5-star rating can feel confident in their choice knowing that these organizations are committed to providing exceptional women’s care to their patients.
“I am incredibly grateful to the staff and physicians for their efforts to provide outstanding care to our patients,” said Trey Blake, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Capital Regional Medical Center. “Our hospital is committed to the health of women and babies demonstrated by treating this population with the highest quality evidence-based care.”
“We congratulate the Healthgrades 2020 Women’s Care Excellence Award recipients for their commitment to providing superior care for the women within their communities,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “Information regarding hospital quality empowers consumers to take control of their own healthcare and make the right decisions as to where they will seek care.”
To help consumers evaluate and compare hospital performance in gynecologic surgery, Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes data for all patients from 16 individual states for years 2016 through 2018. Healthgrades found that there is a significant variation in clinical outcomes:
- Patients treated in hospitals receiving the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ had, on average, a 46.7 percent lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award*.
- If all hospitals in the analysis performed similarly to those receiving the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™, 10,121 patients with complications could have potentially been avoided*.
In addition to receiving Healthgrades 2020 Women’s Care Specialty Excellence Awards, Capital Regional Medical Center is also recognized as a recipient multiple years in a row. The following list includes all awards and years of designation:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
• Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
• Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
• Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
• Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
View the Healthgrades hospital quality awards and methodologies. Learn more about how hospitals partner with Healthgrades.
About Capital Regional Medical Center
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
About HCA Healthcare North Florida Division
The HCA Healthcare North Florida Division is a comprehensive network of 14 hospitals, numerous outpatient surgery centers & imaging facilities, physician practices, medical education training programs and a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in the North Florida and Central Florida communities. HCA Healthcare North Florida physicians and employees continue to provide the quality foundation for delivering care to our patients safely, effectively and compassionately. Its hospitals are Joint Commission Accredited, with designations such as Accredited Chest Pain Centers, Primary Stroke Center Certification and four Level II Trauma Centers in Marion, Okaloosa, Osceola and Seminole county.
* Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of all-payer data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent three-year estimates for patients in 16 states for which all-payer data was made available.