Tallahassee/Florida’s employee benefits insurance brokerage Hub International is hosting an important online webinar that will benefit all business members of our community: Workplace Crisis Intervention: Substance Abuse, Workplace Violence and Employment Law Considerations.
The online webinar will take place on Thursday, Jun 23, 2022 from 12-1:00 EST
As more employees return to the workplace, employers are facing significant challenges tied to the current mental health and substance use crisis.
We are now seeing instances where issues employees may have previously had “under control” are turning into more serious incidents that human resource professionals are often ill-equipped to handle.
Once escalated these crisis situations can impact other employees, customers and even workplace safety.
Are you prepared to handle a crisis Intervention at your place of business?
In this introductory program, we will provide tips and suggestions for:
- Identifying substance abuse in the workplace
- Identifying some initial indicators of potential workplace violence or threats of violence
- Addressing the employer’s legal obligations when it comes to sensitive and confidential employee mental health information, and how that information needs to be appropriately handled
- Substance abuse and mental health resources
- Action plans to handle violence or threats of violence
- When should law enforcement or local authorities get involved?
Carrie B. Cherveny, Esq. CCO and SVP, Strategic Client Solutions
Isaac Monson, CCP – AVP, Senior Risk Consultant, former
Wendy King – Practice Leader, Health & Performance
* This webinar is eligible for one hour HRCI and SHRM credits