Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce (GTCC)
Leadership Tallahassee (LT)
The Leadership Tallahassee Program Director will promote the missions of Leadership Tallahassee and Youth Leadership Tallahassee. The Program Director works closely with staff and volunteers to plan and implement programs and initiatives related to the development and nurturing of leaders participating in Leadership Tallahassee and its various programs. In addition, he/she will support the mission, programs and activities of the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce.
Reports to: Vice President, Community Outreach, Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce/Executive Director, Leadership Tallahassee
Youth Leadership Tallahassee
- Organize and attend Orientation, Opening Retreat, Graduation and program days as well as any other officially designated events, including social occasions.
- Coordinate a Youth Leadership Tallahassee Steering Committee to monitor all activities related to recruitment, selection, curriculum, fundraising and alumni activities
- Research best practices for continual program improvement
- Provide support in presenting the flagship Leadership Tallahassee adult program and post-graduate LT Alumni programming.
- Provide the Leadership Tallahassee Board of Governors with information as requested.
- Attend leadership training conferences as designated by the LT Board.
- Maintain a presence on social media outlets as necessary.
- Oversee publishing the LT Membership directory
Community Board Development
- Coordinate all activities related to the Building Better Boards training seminar in cooperation with a volunteer chair/committee including program planning, marketing, registration and evaluation.
- Implement Building Better Boards: the Basics & monthly LeaderBoard enews submission.
- Promote Leadership Tallahassee and its programs in the area by attending community meetings, sharing knowledge and expertise,
- Foster new collaborations to promote the mission of LT/YLT.
- Maintain a working relationship with the education community including public schools, private schools, parochial schools, post-high school training programs and institutes of higher education.
- Coordinate grant submissions with community funders
- Participate when requested to provide training and information regarding community youth leadership topics and issues.
- Maintain a formal program of work document for Leadership Tallahassee/Youth Leadership Tallahassee.
- Provide reports to the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce upon request.
- Maintain accurate membership records through WebLink
- Oversee operating budgets and maintain accurate financial records
- Submit for payment of all expenses to Chamber Finance Department
- Provide follow up communications to participants, volunteers, presenters and, post events
- Perform other duties required by the Executive Director