Click below to learn more about the free online courses offered through our Professional Development Series.
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- Achieving Top Search Engine Positions
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Individual Excellence
- Interpersonal Communication
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet
- Microsoft Excel (Introduction)
- Nonprofit Management
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Skills for Making Great Decisions
- Using Social Media in Business
A to Z Grant Writing
If you are seeking to learn the essentials in writing or acquiring grants for private, public or government use, this course is a perfect fit. Learn how to develop successful and fundable grants by focusing on the skills needed to prepare professional, competitive, compelling and successful grant proposals.
- Develop successful and fundable grants
- Focus on the skills needed to prepare professional, competitive grant proposals
Gain a marketable new skill by learning the basics of double-entry bookkeeping, financial reporting and more.
- Identify the basics of double-entry bookkeeping
- Analyze and record financial transactions, as well as design various financial reports at the end of the fiscal period
- Design accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll procedures, sales taxes, and various common banking activities
Achieving Success with Difficult People
This course will teach you how to see things from others’ viewpoints based on their needs, values, beliefs, experiences, skills, knowledge, and self-interests. You will learn to approach difficult situations by answering the questions: who? what? where? when? how? and why? And by answering these questions, you will understand who your difficult people are, what they’re like, how you react to them, and their response to your actions.
Achieving Top Search Engine Positions
The vast majority of Web traffic comes from search engines. That means the most important thing you can do to increase your website’s traffic is to improve its search engine ranking. To do that, you have to understand both the art and science of search engine optimization (SEO).
In this course, you’ll gain the knowledge you need to boost your website’s visibility. By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered proven, step-by-step SEO strategies that you can implement right away.
Creating a Successful Business Plan
Turn your business ideas into a solid plan for financing and long-term success.
- Develop components of writing a business plan and emerge with your first draft in hand
- Analyze situational factors within the organization, within the industry, and in the external environment
- Revised and updated information on interest rates, credit availability and the overall financial environment.
Personal development is key to success in and out of the workplace. You can develop career-enhancing skills in a single course that covers twelve popular one-day seminar topics, including goal setting, time management, and personal organization. You will learn how to improve your creative abilities, gain confidence with financial matters, and how to minimize conflict in your life. By the time you finish this course, you will have developed a fulfilling career plan and will hold the skills to improve your interpersonal relationships.
This course will show you how to manage the conscious and unconscious codes of meaning people send to each other and how to respond with appropriate codes in turn. You will explore concepts of verbal and nonverbal expression including personal style, listening, relationship dynamics, self-esteem, conflict management, and cultural and gender communication differences.
Intro to Excel
Work with numbers? You need to know Excel.
- Identify different ways on sorting and analyzing data, designing custom charts and graphs
- Creating three-dimensional workbooks, building links between files, endowing worksheets with decision-making capabilities
- Automate frequently-repeated tasks with macros and buttons.
Marketing Your Business on the Internet
E-commerce expert helps you develop an Internet marketing plan for your business.
Learn the basics of fundraising for nonprofit organizations, from annual and special fund drives to more advanced projects involving corporate and foundation relations, major gifts and planned giving. Develop the skills and strategies needed to become an integral part of one of America’s fastest growing service sectors.
- Create strategies that will take your organization to new heights of prosperity and productivity
- Plan special event and meeting management, public relations strategies
- Find a position in this fascinating and rewarding field of work
Project Management Fundamentals
Gain the skills you’ll need to succeed in the fast-growing field of project management.
- Identify project politics and ethics, project measurements, and project closure
- Develop all sections of a project plan
- Develop a variety of powerful techniques to generate project ideas.
Take control of accounting for your business. This course provides hands-on experience in QuickBooks 2019 as you set up a chart of accounts; reconcile your bank accounts; create and print invoices, receipts, and statements; track payables, inventory, and receivables; create estimates; and generate reports.
Skills for Making Great Decisions
Learn how to make excellent everyday decisions from an experienced counselor and life coach. This course will help you discover how to effectively deal with crisis, how to use your emotions as decision-making tools, and how to work with others to make the most of every opportunity.
Using Social Media in Business
Learn how to use the five most popular social media platforms-Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram-to grow and promote your business. This course will help you harness the power of social media to connect with new customers, advertise products, and promote your brand.