We are the premier voice of business in the capital city.
With input from our members, we drive the economic agenda by identifying priorities and championing your interests to local and state government and related organizations.
We speak loudest when we speak with one voice. We do this through a strong network of leaders and partners including the City of Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida State University, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee Community College, industry representatives and many others.
As the longest-serving business support organization in the region, we are a powerful influence for positive change. No other organization has the ability to pull together influential leaders and community stakeholders like the Chamber.
One of the Chamber’s recent wins includes successfully advocating for the repeal of the City of Tallahassee’s longstanding business license tax. This is just one example of our important work.
The Chamber’s Business Advocacy Committee leads these efforts. Its mission is to monitor issues, collaborate with partners, and create a positive impact on the local business environment. We are committed to:
- Championing the issues that matter most to businesses
- Identifying priorities and working collaboratively to advocate on your behalf
- Maintaining and nurturing strategic partnerships and coalitions
- Launching Capital City Day to celebrate Tallahassee and focus the Legislature’s attention on our economic priorities
- Monitoring issues affecting local business and sharing calls to action with members through open channels of communication
- Conducting candidate surveys and sharing results with members during election years
- Developing and distributing an annual Chamber Agenda as a priority guide for city and county leaders
- Actively gathering your feedback through member surveys and face-to-face interaction and then acting upon your input and interestsTo help implement the Chamber’s strategic plan, the Chamber Board of Directors approved a set of guiding principles for our organization that that are aimed at guiding the actions of our committees, staff, and actions. These principles are an important step towards strengthening the Chamber’s ability to have a positive impact on the local economy and business environment:
See the Chamber’s latest Position Statements on key issues in our community.
“The Chamber is an investment for our company and for me personally. We believe that our company is best positioned to succeed when we are fully engaged in the efforts to build a better Tallahassee. The Chamber is where that happens.” – Shawn Roberts, Mad Dog Construction
We want to hear from you.
Tell us about the issues that impact you and how we can help.