The Software Engineer will work collaboratively with fellow software engineers to support Syntech’s enterprise fuel and fleet management systems. The primary focus will be to write, debug, test and maintain both existing code and new development efforts to extend our existing product capabilities.
- Tests and debugs software to identify and resolve both isolated and system issues.
• Writes and proactively maintains technical documentation for all testing, troubleshooting, and development efforts.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Participates in analysis and design sessions; provides support independently.
• Develops software solutions by researching information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigates problem areas; follows the software development lifecycle.
• Participates in educational opportunities and professional organizations in an effort to grow knowledge base, stay current on industry trends, and maintain professional network.
• Applies best practices and makes solid contributions to system architecture and frameworks to ensure consistent development across all systems.
• Performs directed research and completes assigned tasks to support senior engineering efforts.
• Achieves objectives and goals with minimal supervision.
• Develops knowledge base of fueling, fleet, and other core business domains.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related field; will consider relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a directly related industry.
• Hands-on experience in designing and developing interactive applications in Java.
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodology and release processes.
• Working knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, OpenJPA, Hibernate).
• Proficient in developing web applications using AngularJS or at least one popular web framework (Backbone.js, ReactJS, Vue.js).
• Familiarity with best practices and technical considerations needed for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is proud to be a drug/alcohol-free work environment
Click HERE to apply.
Close Date: 6/28/19