Syntech is the leading supplier of fuel and fleet management accounting systems. We are pioneers of the fuel management industry, home of the FuelMaster and inventors of AIM (Automotive Information Module). We are profoundly committed to our customers, our distributors, our employees, and our community.
The QA Software Engineer will work collaboratively with fellow software engineers to support Syntech’s enterprise fuel and fleet management systems. The primary focus of this position will be supporting test efforts by developing scripts and automation suites that help provide information about the quality and stability of Syntech’s products under test.
- Tests and debugs software to identify and resolve both isolated and system issues.
• Writes and proactively maintains technical documentation for all testing, troubleshooting, and development efforts.
• Designs applications, scripts, and tools to aid in product testing.
• Executes functional tests for new and existing software, firmware, and hardware products and features.
• Works collaboratively with teams during product development life cycle.
• Applies best practices and makes solid contributions to ensure consistent development across all systems.
• Ensures products are designed to include diagnosis, testability, and maintainability features.
• Works with development teams to create unit, module, and system test plans and test scaffolding and code.
• Participates in educational opportunities and professional organizations in an effort to grow knowledge base, stay current on industry trends, and maintain professional network.
• Performs directed research and completes assigned tasks to support senior engineering efforts.
• Achieves objectives and goals with minimal supervision.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related field of study; will consider relevant years’ experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of QA, testing, or development experience.
• Advanced knowledge of software and firmware test strategies and methodologies desired.
• Experience in using and developing test automation.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Familiarity with agile software development methodology and releases processes.
• Experience in 2 or more of the following areas required:
o PC client and web browser application testing
o Embedded systems testing
o Mobile applications testing
• Experience in programming or scripting languages, particularly Java and Python.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be capable of developing a good rapport with developers and other team members.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is a drug and alcohol-free work environment and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Close Date: 10/31/19