As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with Syntech, you will help us lead the development of our best-in-class fuel control and accounting systems. The primary focus will be creating and utilizing Linux distributions to support our software applications and cutting edge devices.
• Creates, extends, and maintains the custom embedded Linux distributions used in Syntech’s fuel management systems using tools from the Yocto Project.
• Develops strategies for system deployment and update.
• Designs and executes procedures to meet security requirements.
• Supports efforts to expand our use of Linux.
• Develops embedded software in Python and C/C++.
• Supports software solutions on hardware that will interact with humans and other devices.
• Devises and implements new approaches to solve IoT/embedded technical problems.
• Provides effective documentation to accompany development efforts. This includes design documents, code comments, and project specifications.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related field; will consider relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ software development experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and maintaining Linux distributions.
• Proficiency with Python and Shell (posix) programming.
• Love of technology packaged in a highly motivated and friendly demeanor.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience in any of the following, a plus:
o Building custom Linux solutions with Yocto
o Modifying and customizing u-boot
o Writing Linux device drivers
o Integrating open-source applications
o IoT security
o Using source code control tools, such as git
o Microcontroller firmware development
o Exposure to one or more microcontroller RTOS
o Working within an Agile/SCRUM context
o Use of common lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is proud to be a drug/alcohol-free work environment
Click HERE to apply.
Close Date: 6/28/19