Syntech is the leading supplier of fuel and fleet management accounting systems. We are pioneers of the fuel management industry, home of the FuelMaster and inventors of AIM (Automotive Information Module). We are profoundly committed to our customers, our distributors, our employees, and our community.
We are seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for maintaining our database by identifying and solving database requirements and supporting users.
• Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
• Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Prepares users by conducting training, providing useful information, and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Establishes and enforces organization standards to maintain quality service.
• Fosters professional growth and continuous development of technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related field; will consider relevant years’ experience in lieu of degree.
• 5 years’ experience as a DBA utilizing SQL Server Database.
• Solid knowledge of Database Security, Process Improvement, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, and Information Security Policies.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with each of the following:
• Security, encryption and compliance
• SSIS and SSRS
• Structured data objects (JSON, XML, etc.)
• Setting up Linux and Windows server infrastructure
• System administration
• Proficient with installation, maintenance, and database performance tuning on single and clustered environments.
• Strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Experience working with developers for query optimization, modeling, and application interfaces.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Ability to present technical information to end users.
• Analytical thinker; problem solver.
• Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is a drug and alcohol-free work environment and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Click HERE to apply.
Close Date: 10/31/19