Applications Now Accepted Through Nov. 16
Citizens interested in assisting the City of Tallahassee and Leon County with cycling-related projects, improvements and events are encouraged to apply to serve on the new Joint City-County Bicycling Workgroup. The application deadline has been extended, and applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 16.
The workgroup will help to develop recommendations in coordination with Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Department staff on a variety of cycling related topics, including:
- Reviewing the proposed bicycle route network for Leon County;
- Assisting in promoting cycling within our community;
- Reviewing repaving projects for opportunities to incorporate bicycle improvements;
- Providing input on proposed bicycle-related projects throughout the community and
- Assisting various City and County departments in planning for bicycle improvements.
Applications for the workgroup are available on both the City of Tallahassee and Leon County websites. Completed applications need to be submitted directly to Megan Doherty via email at megan(dot)doherty(at)talgov(dot)com, fax 891-6404 or mail to 435 N. Macomb Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301.
The workgroup will be comprised of 12 members, with half (6) appointed by the County and half by the City. Workgroup memberships are multi-year, and the group will meet roughly once every quarter.
For more information, please contact Megan Doherty, AICP, Planning Department, at email@example.com or 850-891-6441.